Closed circuit television (CCTV) is a popular crime prevention measure that is often implemented by local governments to prevent and detect crime and antisocial behaviour. The AIC has produced a range of resources that describe the benefits and limitations of CCTV, as well as important issues to consider in its implementation.
Need to know alittle?
- Closed circuit television (CCTV) as a crime prevention measure
- Using CCTV to reduce antisocial behaviour
Need to know alot?
- Crime prevention tip sheet 5: CCTV as a crime prevention measure
- Crime prevention tip sheet 6: Establishing and implementing CCTV in your local area
- T&I 430: Considering local context when evaluating a closed circuit television system in public spaces
- RiP 8: Considerations for establishing a public space CCTV network